Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Flax weaving

Weaving a Tall Tale
I will like to be a flax weaver because it keep you busy. You can sell them or you can even give them as gifts.Waxing is also in my culture because i'm Samoan, and in the beautiful island of samoa we don't really have that much materials to use, For example when picking fruits of the trees, we don't have fruit basket, so we weave some. We also find it really sunny and it hurts our eyes,so we weave hats to keep us safe. I would like try flax weaving one day but it will be one hard journey and a hell of a adventure.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Auckland,
    Awww...this post made me smile! I liked it because you made a reference about the significance of this tradition for your culture by explaining how it was use for making practical things in everyday life such as fruit baskets and hats. This does show that when we don't have some materials we can just be creative and use other ways to make things work, and that remind me of the "logging in NZ activity" remember? It also connect nicely with the theme for this year SLJ which is the environment. It seems to me that our ancestor could teach us one or two things about the environment. ;o)
    You have done a very nice job here indeed!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete