Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Acid storm

Late at night an acid storm appeared.When I was sleeping the storm struck my washing line then it look like a closed umbrella. In the morning when the storm cleared I went to make an egg sandwich.
But when I went to get the pan I saw  a huge mess in the backyard.
I told my brothers then they told my mum and dad. My mum was in shock so she ran down to the kitchen and she sore it. The worst thing was that it still had clothes on it.So my mum and I cleaned it. It was messy but it was worth cleaning it.Image result for washing line looks like an umbrella

1 comment:

  1. Hi Auckland,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team reading your blog from my home in Canada.

    You've taken a creative approach to your story about acid rain, focusing on your washing line. I love the photo you've posted - that's too funny!!

    Unfortunately we've actually had some concern about acid rain in Canada, where I live. A few years ago it was discovered that fish were dying in some of our fresh water lakes and rivers. And trees were dying back as well. We realized that acid rain was the problem - the ph of our lake water had changed. This was because of the toxic waste that big industries were pumping into the air through their smoke stacks and because of the amount of exhaust in the air from all of the cars and trucks on the roads. Our government started to create new laws that required companies to reduce the amount of toxic waste they produce and to put scrubbers on their chimneys to filter the smoke.

    Our lakes have started to become more healthy, with more fish and plant life in them. Yeah!! So solutions can be found to some of the pollution problems we've created.

    I'm glad that you've chosen to be part of the Summer Learning Journey program. I hope you're having a great summer and that you've enjoyed doing these activities!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete