Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Matariki


On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.

The seven sisters created a star and the korua has done much more magic when the mab turn into a bird an eavesdrop on his brother. he could feel the strong winds of the wind god Tawhirimatea. and also mati loved the brothers than himself they were also fine looking that's my opinion. but because the settle for before anyone beautiful than themselves, on Pukemaire hill when they were entranced by the most beautiful singing they all suddenly stopped the listen then went inside than saw seven sisters seting their singing than they left I guess and that is my summery.

Image result for matariki

1 comment:

  1. Hi Auckland!

    My name is Ellee and I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had a fantastic summer holiday?

    This is a great summary of the 'Seven Stars of Matariki'. :)
    Did you enjoy this story?
    I thought Miti was a pretty cool character - I have read a few different Matariki books but I think this one and the 7 kites of Matariki are pretty awesome! Have you read the 7 Kites of Matariki?

    Have you learnt much about Matariki in school?
    I know that when I was in school there was only 7 stars of Matariki but I heard recently that it is now counted as 9...
    I found this article here that talks a little bit about it:
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/nine-stars-not-seven-academic-says-many-getting-matariki-wrong?variant=tb_v_1

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete