Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Fact or Fiction

On your blog, post three facts that you learned about the Māui Dolphin. Then, using your imagination, create three more statements about Māui dolphins that are not true (i.e. false). Please don’t tell us which of your statements about Māui Dolphins are true and which are false. It will be the job of the students and staff who read your blog to figure it out.

There are 55 individual Maui Dolphins left.

They eat red cod , squid and flatfish.

They are in danger at the moment.

The Dolphins are gonna be extinct due to the water pollution.

The Maui Dolphin is one of the rarest Dolphins.

Male Maui Dolphins are attacking popoto for stealing their habitat.

Find out which one are TRUE or FALSE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Auckland,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    You've done a great job of posting 'true' facts and 'false' facts about this special dolphin! I think I know which ones are which... I hope so.

    Have you ever seen a Maui dolphin in the wild? They look beautiful. It's very sad to think that there are so few of them left. I hope that the changes being made to protect them are going to be successful!!!

    I live in Canada and I live in the middle of the country so I don't have an ocean near by. All of the lakes and rivers around my home are fresh water and so they host very different animals and plants than would be found in the ocean. I would be amazed to see a dolphin at play!!

    I hope you've had an amazing summer and that you're now happy to be back at school for your new term. Good luck this year!!

    I'll continue to read your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete