Pages

Thursday 23 May 2019

🚃How I created a Wagon🚃

Steps I followed to create my Wagon.

Step 1 : I used the actual piece of wood to draw the full size drawing of my wagon. I did it because I needed to know the exact same measurements. If I messed my drawing I can fix it but if I make a mistake on my piece of wood I can't fix it.
Step 2: I used a pencil and ruler to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the piece of wood. In this step I was very careful incase I messed up.
Step 3: I marked a square line across the piece of wood using a tri-square. After I did that I let Mr Grundy check if my ruling was correct.
Step 4: I cut off the first piece of wood using a bench hook and a backed saw. I put the bench hook in the vice and used the backed saw to cut it.
Step 5: I then marked out a joint using a tri-square and a pencil.
Next I used the marking gauge to mark halfway of my joint.
Step 6: Next I used a vice to help me cut the two lines I marked with the pencil.
Step 7: I used a chisel and a mallet to chisel out the joint.
Step 8: I repeated step 5 - 7 to create another joint.
Step 9: Now Mr Grundy glued 100mm pieces of wood in the joint.
Step 10: I glued my Sides for my wagon.
Step 11: Mr Grundy drilled two holes for my wheels.
I will create another blog post about the rest of the steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment