Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2019

If I were Neil Armstrong

SLJ WEEK 1 : Day 2 - Activity 1

Neil Arm Strong

For this activity, let’s imagine that you were Neil Armstrong.
On your blog, write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon. Here is a link to some different poetry forms. 

My Poem
When I walked in the Rocket
I saw my keys in my Pocket.
I launched into space
I couldn't even feel my face.
I took my first step
and I saw a spider web.
I felt light headed
It was so unexpected.


1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava Auckland,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    You did a fantastic job describing what it would feel like if you were on the moon. I love how you incorporated rhyme - very creative! :)

    Had you thought about using an image or art to paint a picture for what you're describing? I think this would be a great addition! :)

    I have often thought about what it would be like to travel into space. I think if I had the opportunity to go there, I would probably stay because I'd miss my friends and family so much! Neil Armstrong was so brave going to the moon.

    If you had the opportunity, would you go to the moon? I think the view would be phenomenal!

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete