Pages

Sunday 6 January 2019

Concluding the journey

On your blog please tell us:
  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year? I learned that if you don't participate in the summer learning journey you can forget the things you learnt in the past year.
  2. What is one thing that surprised you?What surprised me through this journey was that machu picchu is getting a new rule.
  3. What is one thing that concerned or upset you? The one thing I was concerned about was that countdown banned giving out plastic bags. I need plastic bags to carry my stuff
  4. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment? We can recycle more and get involved with the community.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Auckland,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs.

    Congratulations for completing the entire Summer Learning Journey programme! It is a big accomplishment to complete all sixty activities! What was your favourite activity to complete? My favourite activity to comment on was the activity where students drew and described their very own creature.

    I know it was hard for me when I first stopped using plastic bags. But I now have quite a few of strong reusable bags that I can use to carry my groceries. I have learnt to keep them next to the door so I remember to grab them before I walk out the door. Sometimes I forgot to bring my bags and I will buy the black reusable bags that Countdown has. Did you know that Countdown will replace your old broken black reusable bags with new ones for free! Isn’t that awesome!

    Did you know for every quality positive, thoughtful and helpful comment that you leave on another Summer Learning Journey, you can earn an extra two points! The link below is the Summer Learning Journey Twitterfeed, which shows all of the latest posts from all six clusters. You should definitely go and check out some of the students in the Kaikohekohe cluster.

    https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds

    I look forward to reading more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete